Essential Oils! They make the best cures!
Today I’d like to share with you one of my favorite essential oils, PEPPERMINT! Over the last couple years I have tried to transition from taking over the counter medications for ailments to using more homeopathic remedies. I am still discovering new ways to use these oils and I literally can’t get enough! However, peppermint is by far my #1.
So, I have to say this whole journey began with my mother. The eccentric woman, whom I love and find somewhat crazy at times, FINALLY convinced me to start using peppermint oil for my migraines and sinus headaches.
But there are SO many other ailments that peppermint oil can be used for! Here are my favorite personal uses…
1. Indigestion – I rub a few drops over my abdomen and on my chest for relief – Apple Cider Vinegar is another thing that I use to cure this problem…
2. Nausea – This has been extremely helpful in my travels lately. I just dab some behind my ears and under my nose. It works MUCH faster than Dramamine, which is a tablet you ingest. This then takes more time and by that point, in my case, I would’ve already thrown up! 😉
3. Eczema Relief – I mainly use this oil for when I am having a flare up and need the swelling to go down along with the itching.
4. Allergy (skin) – Got bit by an unknown bug at camp and the nurse told me I was having a localized allergic reaction. So what did I do? I put peppermint oil on it. It stopped the itching and soothed the skin cooly!
5. Migraines – I rub the oil into my temples, on the base of my neck and under my nose.
6. Sinuses – Stuffy nose? Congested? Peppermint will clear that right up! – just dab on the palm of hands and inhale deeply. I also like to put some under my nose.
7. Digestion – Put a drop on your tongue and swallow! Really helps with upset tummy! Make sure it is therapeutic grade oil though 🙂
8. Strep Throat – Now this is my own personal belief, but considering I am highly prone to getting strep and was exposed to it from three different people (2 being the children I watched 8 hours a day every day…) in like 3 weeks…I like to think that the peppermint oil was my saving grace!
9. Aroma – Of course we can’t forget how nice the smell of peppermint is – Put a few drops in your oil warmer to spread throughout the house!
This is the Peppermint oil that I use…
What essential oils do you like to use? Let me know!